I'm going to try and get back into it, though I understand I've made that promise before.
We will see...
The Bullet Point Update (of the last 2 years and 7 months):
- We moved back to California in August 2012.
- It's been good to be back around our friends and family, but we do miss the Great White North.
|Siobhan, Perri, and Linz at a Giants Game.|
|Hiking at Steep Ravine Cabins.|
- I am still with Apple.
- I was still in the retail store until September of this year.
- I am now in corporate at Elk Grove, with the official title of Enterprise Server & Education Technical Advisor.
- The new position is absolutely amazing. I'm loving it.
- Perri is now 6 (WTF?!)
- I don't know how that happened.
- She is in Kindergarten at Granite Bay Montessori
- She is a voracious reader, a fanatical lego addict, and a very spirited kid.
- She is also a soccer fiend.
|Perri playing pinecone-ball at Tuttle Lake.|
|Perris Kindergarten Picture.|
- We still have the 2 dogs, Kirby and Bella.
- Kirby is still obsessed with his ball, and Bella is still obsessed with stealing it.
|Kirby. And his ball.|
- The phenomenal and amazing Ann Margaret Crosby aka Nana passed away in July.
- She was originally diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and told she had about 6 months to live.
- She fought like hell and ended up living for an additional 7 years. We are incredibly grateful for the additional time we got to spend with her.
- One of her favorite things to do was to read to Perri, just like she used to read to me.
|Rick, myself, Perri, Nana, and Preston.|
|Nana and Perri.|
- My mom has been living at Nanas for the past 2 years, to help out, and I have been living at my Moms
- We are now selling Nanas house
- Nana and Papa built this house in 1972 and all of us family members are chock full of extraordinary memories. It's going to hurt a lot to watch it go to someone else.
- Once the house sells my mom is planning on moving back into her house and remodeling it. Or she is planning on buying a new house. She hasn't decided yet.
|Mom and Perri.|
- We've tried to travel quite a bit.
- I went to Venice, Croatia, and Greece with my crazy group of friends.
- Perri and I have been to Tahoe, Monterey, and the Bay Area quite a few times.
- For my 30th birthday Linz, Becky, Michele, and Wallace took me to Vancouver for a whirlwind weekend.
|Hiking at Hidden Falls in Auburn.|
|Learning about Velella velella, also known as By-the-wind sailor, at Limantour Beach.|
|Perri fishing at Tuttle.|
|Perri and I at Easter.|
|Perri and I by Steep Ravine Cabins.|